You can call him many things. He is a producer, a musician, a trained sound engineer amongst many other titles. Dropping hits like they're going out of style Vyblektro packs a huge punch in the music business. Working with artists all around the world he is defining his craft on a daily basis. Learn more about this artist coming to you out of Sydney, Australia.
1. Q: - Hey, very happy to welcome you to the Radio Show and Podcast community. Tell us a little bit more about yourself. Introduce yourself to the community.
A: - Thanks for having me, my artist's name is Vyblektro, I'm a multi-instrumentalist, producer and sound engineer originating from Sydney, Australia. I have been producing records and manipulating sound for over 12 years. Have played the drums in a few bands, metalcore/soft rock/ indie rock and produced a wide variety of other mechanical music, from hip hop and R'n'B to EDM and commercial pop.
2. Q: - One thing that I’m always interested in, when I sit down and chat with artists is, what their defining moment was that they knew that they wanted to be in music… What was that moment in time for you?
A: - For me, I think I've always felt, as far back as I can remember, that music would play a part in my life some way somehow, I just felt connected to that side of me, at a very young age.
3. Q: - Do you mix and master yourself or do you have an engineer or a producer that works with you?
A: - Yes, I mix and master all of my own music. I'm very fortunate to have developed the skills you need to produce radio ready music. But it didn't come over night. I have put a lot of hard work, dedication and time into perfecting my craft and training my ears.
4. Q: - What motivates you? Not just in your music but in your normal life as well.
A: - Family, first and foremost, it's my family. My wife and my two beautiful kids. Love you guys to the moon and back. Secondly... being positive, I believe you get what you give in this life. For me it's super dope to be able to connect with Artists' all around the world to produce great music and also develop great friendships all over the world through music.
5. Q; - I am personally on a mission to get good music heard by everyone. What is one thing that bothers you the most about trying to come up in the music world today and, do you prefer being underground or, is the mainstream something you strive for?
A: - The one thing that bothers me the most, is that there are so many scammers, fake playlist, botted streams and people just trying to take your money, and it gets really frustrating
sometimes. In regards to my music, I'm definitely striving for commercial air play, but doing it in my own style.
6. Q: - Who is, musically, one of your bigger influences?
A: - I don't really have one specific person or genre that influences me, Music wise, I would say Bands like Crowded House, Dire Straits, Pink Floyd August Burns Red, Lagwagon, Wu-Tang, Biggie, Lauryn Hill, and just growing up in a house, where music was always being played, whether it was a Saturday night by the fire or Wednesday arvo while Mum was cooking tea, Music was always around.
7.Q: - What's Vyblektro doing when he's not in the studio producing bangers?
A: - Umm mm. Hanging out in the sun with my family whether it be at the beach, playing monsters with my kids or watching a movie and enjoying each moment while they last. I also enjoy Riding MX, fishing and would you believe, gardening, I love to spend my downtime making succulent designs.
8. Q: - I, myself, personally think that there’s too much social media out there to keep up with. I understand why it’s necessary but there’s a ton of it out there. What are your feelings on social media and music today?
A: - I agree there are so many platforms, so many distribution companies and it's hard to stay connected and or choose the right platform to focus on.
I suggest focusing on 1-2 major platforms i.e., Spotify and Audiomack or Apple Music and SoundCloud Also get Instagram it's a great way to stay connected and promote your music. Don't overwhelm yourself with trying to be across all platforms.
9. Q: - Do you create music often? When can we expect another release?
A: - I'm always in the studio, every chance I get. I have so much music coming out, my 3rd EP this year "SECRETS" will be coming out soon. Currently working on a Brand-new Ep with Super5Stoned, with tracks like Blessed and Found My Way. A track I'm doing with Foxy-K. New music with Eryn Young. Also, Natral lbs, Rf Ghost and heaps more.
10. Q: - I grew up in the 90’s, I listened to everyone from Dr. Dre, to Weezer, to Pink Floyd, Metallica, Cypress Hill and back again. I truly believe that the 90’s were one of the greatest eras for original music. Which era of music is one of your favorites?
A: - The 90's man for real, I'm a 90's kid I could spend all night talking about the 90's and how bands like Metallica, R.A.T.M, TOOL The Smashing Pumpkins, Alice in chains, and artists like 2-pac, Dre, DMX, ILL BILL, KRS1 and so many more, have paved the way for the ever-changing music that is out today.
11. Q- If you could swap yourself into a different artist, who would it be?
A: - No one and that's the way it should be. Just be yourself and the right people will vibe towards you, and join your journey.
12. Q- What tips or advice would you give someone that’s just starting out in the music game?
A: - Connect, communicate and network, surround yourself with the right people, take criticism, no matter what form, believe in yourself and get a good engineer. Learn from your mistakes. Reflect and grow. Most importantly make music for yourself, if you vibe to it, guaranteed other people will too. Lastly, don't forget why you started making music in the first place.
13. Q: - I want to thank you for this Q&A, is there anything you want to say to everyone out there? Shout outs?
A: - Thanks to all my supporters, my family and friends, all the artists on My upcoming project Secrets, BruthaWilson, Rf Ghost, Eryn Young, Super5Stoned, T.R.I.P knowledge, Immortal youth and a massive shout out to you my bro, DJXTECH and #pulseradiotampabay for doing what you're doing, and giving indie artists a chance to get heard for real.... and everyone else who has shown me love and continues to do so. MUCH LOVE.
Get in touch further with the links below.